Wednesday, March 02, 2005

No Parking

I've been trying to figure out what to write in my blog. I mean, it's my blog so I can write what I want. But if no one wants to read it or it has no use, does it really have a use?

Maybe.

Anyways, Whalen spoke tonight at Seven. Good times, well done. I had no idea that Jesus talked like a Sole Harbour High kid, but no matter. I'm sure it's the first of many good thoughts that he'll share showing people the way to God.

All part of moving forward.

I think I'll use this blog to talk about people who's thoughts intrigue me. Some names that come to mind include Erwin McManus, Bono, Jim Wallis, Rich Lowry, Lawrence Lessig, Phillip Yancy...

Here's a thought from McManus
'Anyone who can picture Jesus as the great Advocate of tradition is doing some serious doctoring of biblical history... The uprising was to transcend culture, ethnicity, race, religion, status - every and any divide established by men... Let no one remain captive to the nefarious schemes of religionists who attempt to hold God for ransom. Let nothing prevent you or hinder you from providing mercy and forgiveness to those living under the burden of guilt and shame. Who could have guessed that a message of love could incite so much hostility?'

If you get a chance, read one of his books like The Barbarian Way, he's got some great insights. www.erwinmcmanus.com

Oh, and I just found out that they are finishing the renovations at my underground parking lot. So my No Parking ban will be done as of next week. It's good. I've had enough of the peasant wagon.

Out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Whalen said...

Sweet-o on the parking lot. Yeah Jesus definitely didn't hold traditions together. He was all about changing stuff

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any quote that uses the word 'nefarious' is a good one.
Oh, and I dig the content, too. Jesus was a total radical. Keep up the work, Cochise.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home