Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Normal Person Blog

I like to push. I like to challenge. I like to influence. But today I’m going to pretend I’m normal and just talk about my week. I don’t think your brain will turn to mush.

I found an interesting online magazine Relevant. It’s got a lot of cool perspectives. Right now there’s a bunch of input on the death of one of the writers, a pastor with a young family who was electrocuted while performing a baptism. Wrap your mind about that for a minute.

I’m sitting watching my new U2 DVD from the Vertigo tour. It rocks. But then again, I’m not really an impartial judge. Speaking of U2, in less than 2 weeks I’ll be in Montreal watching a show. I’m amped.

I’m reading a book right now called Blink. It’s all about the brain’s ability to decipher trends and make decisions without being cognizant of the rationale. A nice counter argument to my MBA analysis brainwashing.

Given all of the federal election chatter, things are starting to roll with Andrew’s campaign. I’m a little sketchy on politics, but I’m looking forward to helping him. I have no qualms in backing the Conservatives, given who there competition is. And no, I don’t give much weight to the idea that I shouldn’t vote for Stephen Harper because people have an uneasy feeling about him. I have an uneasy feeling about having anyone taking public dollars to circumvent the democratic process.

And finally, I’m hoping it stays warm for the Parade of Lights on the 19th so I don’t have to come ‘late’ and have Margaret call me a wimp.

That’s all.

Out.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Barretts said...

Hey Bry: I liked your "Normal Guy" update. I hope you have an awesome time at the U2 concert. Oh, and for your sake I hope it's warm for the parade too :)

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - where did you find that great magazine??? Seriously, nice to see a "less intense" setting on your blog.

Andrew's site has great potential. Any guesses when the campaign starts?

11:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, I got mentioned on the Bonologue! Half of the fun of the parade is doing jumping jacks to stay warm enough to stay til' the last float--ya gotta wave to Santa! (But you're right, no hot chocolate for you if you skip the parade!)

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home