Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Poll

Life keeps on moving. I've recently changed jobs, moving from a Product Management job in Broadband to a Market Management job in Mobility. I had planned to move from the team I'd been on for about 6 years and this opportunity came up so I grabbed it. My new team is great, new manager seems really good to work with and I've got lots of friends in the new office which is a blessing. Change is good, particularly when it's positive change.

I'm also in the market for houses. Anyone who knows me is laughing because they know I've just gone through a process of test driving about 10 cars and still have not bought one. But, with the new job I decided that it made more sense for me to invest in a house and worry about the cars later.

So, now you get a chance to vote. Here are some of the houses I'm looking at in Lakeside. You can see all the details on the house at www.mls.ca by going to Advanced Search and entering the house number. Cast your vote and feel free to comment on why you think that's the house for me. Cool?

MLS®: 40828022












MLS®: 40827230











MLS®: 40820433

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

They all look nice, the third one is BIG! One word of caution: stairs + groceries = death
House A: too many stairs, too much garage
House B: the friendliest looking, and the swingset is a nice touch
House C: if you eventually want 12 kids, this may be the way to go.

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you buying a mini-van to park in front of the house??

6:29 PM  
Blogger Bryan said...

I'm going to buy a Usuck to park beside your comment.

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm liking the third one. The top one does have way to manny stairs. AJ

9:38 AM  
Blogger The Barretts said...

I love them all and am just so excited that if you bought one you would live so close to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's awesome!! Jamin is the house expert (he goes on MLS constantly), so I'll have to ask his opinion. They are all really nice though.

3:02 PM  
Blogger The Barretts said...

I would have to vote for the third one as well... if you are looking in that area, there is an other house on MLS that is similar to first two that might interst you... there are fewer bathrooms (2) with no ensuite and the basment is not quite finished but it might be worth the look (40827149)... it does have a larger lot, but the pictures on MLS don't show very much, it might be a dud...

Jamin

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the last two, not so much the first one.. the entrance seems to little.. and cramped.. like at the doorway

7:47 PM  
Blogger K & G said...

Hi Bry,
We're shopping for houses too! Isn't it exciting? I would vote for the 3rd, although they're all nice. The third one seems to be the largest, and the best bang for your buck, and therefor you may have the most return on it (if you plan to sell sometime). A house that size in Calgary would be worth at least 350+K. :) Have fun shopping!!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Ian Lau said...

i'm about 6 years away from buying a house so i'm no expert, but i don't see much going for house #1. Number 3 has got my vote - esp if it comes w/ the minivan and a spare room for when i visit. eez, I

5:37 PM  
Blogger Sashma said...

Hey Bryan, the second one looks really nice and homy in this section! what kind of a house are you looking? Have fun Hunting!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Sashma said...

Hey Bryan, the second one looks really nice and homy in this section! what kind of a house are you looking? Have fun Hunting!

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home