Thursday, October 12, 2006

30 is the new 20

Here are the top 10 lists, all mixed together. I alternate between reasons why I’m old or not old and a counter. Feel free to add comments !

Is Bryan old, the Top 10 Lists

Not Old - I’m going to a rock concert next month.
Old – The band’s last big hit was 15 years ago.

Old – I drive a “family car”
Not Old – I drive a Corolla because I can’t afford a better car

Not Old - Just bought a PS2
Old - Waited for several years before buying PS2 to ensure I really wanted it.

Old - I’m addicted to coffee (but I could stop if I wanted, right Margaret?)
Not Old - Starbucks is my coffee of choice

Not Old - I hang out with Jr. High and High School kids regularly
Old - Jr. High and High School kids think I’m old

Old - I can date girls born in another decade without fear of the law (gotta love the 80's)
Not Old – Nevermind :-)

Old - I didn’t get on the Internet until University (it's true!)
Not Old - I run an Internet business

Not Old - I like to hang out with my friends
Old - Most of my friends are either married, have kids, have their own houses or any combination therein

Old - I like to talk about ‘back when’ areas of the city were undeveloped
Not Old - I live in an area that wasn’t developed 5 years ago

Not Old - I play on my grass
Old - When someone mentions illegal and grass together I think of Roundup.

10 Comments:

Blogger The Barretts said...

Awesome post! hehehe...really well written :)

You've got me trying to think of one to add.....

1:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That was good! I laughed in my cubicle. :)

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

80's chicks are a great vintage. That's all I have to say about that.

4:09 PM  
Blogger deb said...

that's such a great post. :o)

3:13 PM  
Blogger Ian Lau said...

nice post. i'm w/ Timmy. 80's chicks all the way

12:57 PM  
Blogger Kelley Anne said...

Hey Bryan! Fun post! 30 is soooo the new 20!

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THIS is a mighty fine post.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Hellooooo

Stumbled accross this blog through some other contacts. Great and funny post. Valid points, but I still stick to my belief that you're only as old as you feel. Some days, I feel like I'm 8 years old, while others, I feel like I'm 21. :)

4:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you feel old?

Old is when the kid you used to have in your youth group turns 30....and you are just months from the big 4-0!

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post, Bryan! Keep the creative juices flowing.

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home