Sunday, January 28, 2007

Action Hero

Well, let's see. What to blog about today? I've got some stuff to post, inspired by the State of the Union address the other day. It's on the top 5 things I'd do if I became President of the US. I'm a bit nuts; I'm aware of that.

Anyways, in the meantime let's talk about 24. I love that show! Lots of press abou the first 4 episodes and the negative portayal of Muslims and the fear mongoring to push the Bush administration's agenda. I'm sorry, but if an idealogical slant was grounds for being kept off the air Aaron Sorkin would be pumping gas somewhere. Personally, I think they just do what they think will create tension and draw in viewers. An interesting fact on 24: it was created and planned for the first episode to be shown in the fall of 2001. In other words, the world that it is now accused of too accurately portraying is a world that was only a fear when it was first thought up.

I'm looking forward to seeing where they go with the brother/father plot. What do you think of Season 6 so far?

In other exciting news, a Jack Bauer action figure is being developed by McFarlane and will be released later in the year. Apparently they had a prototype that would have been released earlier but they sent it to Kiefer and he took it with him for a night on the town. After he and his friends had drunk a few they decided to torture the figure. That was the only prototype so the developers had to go back to the drawing board.

I'll definitely be getting this one to add to my Michael Vick, Jason Kidd, Darth Vader and Slash action figures. Don't call them dolls, they're action figures!


And finally, don't watch this clip if the phrase 'Damn it' is offensive. As Kiefer explains that's the phrase they use on 24 in lieu of swearing. Funny stuff.




"You are going to tell me what I want to know, it’s just a question of how
much you want it to hurt."


Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Joy said...

Oh man! I was hoping to surprise you with a Jack "action figure" for your birthday.

12:27 AM  
Blogger Ian Lau said...

not impressed with season 6 so far. nuclear bombs, muslim terrorists, all too familiar.. they need a fresh infusion of ideas. the bro and dad story line is intriguing though. but really, i want the Chinese back in the action!

8:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ian, I think you are biased. :)

OK, that clip was hilarious, even to my sensitive ears, darn it.

I miss getting together with Mark and Lauren and you to watch!!!

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home