Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Haggard Reality

Last week's news of Ted Haggard's fall from ministry was discouraging. I won't lie. I have some harsh thoughts about it. I never quite get how people in high profile positions think that they can or should get away with these kinds of abuses.

What concerns me the most about this one is that no-one is talking about it. It's in the news, but it's not part of anyone's day-to-day discussions. It's as if people expect it now. That's a sad reality.

I read an article on the subject by Gordon MacDonald that has some good thoughts. I really like what he had to say. Give it a read.

Leader's Insight: When Leaders Implode
Ted Haggard, self-destruction, and the consequences we all suffer.
by Gordon MacDonald, Leadership editor at large


Oh, and per my last post, I need sponsors!

4 Comments:

Blogger The Barretts said...

That was a good article. Thanks for posting it.

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thoughts. Thanks man.

t

11:31 PM  
Blogger Kelley Anne said...

thanks for sharing the article Bryan.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Wyatt McIntyre said...

Bryan,

I couldn't agree more and it's what makes being a Christian so terribly difficult in this world. I mean when people look to people like Haggard it's impossible to seperate him personally from the religion he preachs for the average person and people tend to judge harshly not just the man but the entire values he proports to represent. Alas I can rant on this all day. Any which way it is also sad that whoyamacallit and whatshisface get more air time for thier divorces then this gets for actual discussion.

Well any which way it's just nice to see that you go on like he did and you get caught.

Good job

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home