Sunday, October 22, 2006

Missions Trip - NYC

On Tuesday I'm heading, along with a team of 20, to Brooklyn for a missions trip. We're going to be doing renovations and light construction on a new ministry facility for Metro Ministries. It's going to be a great trip, I have no doubt.

For all of the background, click here and check out the description and the promo video.


I'm excited because it's a great opportunity to contribute to a ministry that's doing great work, reaching out to the community in Brooklyn. It's going to be a good chance to work alongside a team from a mix of Halifax area churches and to enjoy the whole road trip aspect. I think we'll get some chance to check out some sights and sounds of the big city while we're there. I always love getting into Manhattan. It's got such a fun, hyped atmosphere.

I know I'm supposed to go on this trip. This summer, through the Bell/Aliant transition, I was unexpectedly given an extra 5 days vacation to use this year. When I found out that news I prayed that God would give me an opportunity to make good use of it in a way that didn't cost me too much (as a new homeowner!) . I tried to do some other things like counsel at kids camp but nothing worked out. About a month ago, I received an email from Mike Miller inviting me to fill one of the final spots on the team for this trip. A couple of days prior to Mike's email I was doing some work around the house and I got a sense that I needed to build my construction skills so I started trying to figure out how to do it. When I got his email I kind of laughed because it fit exactly with what was going on in my head.

I'm looking foward to the trip and to see what God's going to do through our team.

Please pray for me and for the team. I'd ask that you pray for safety in travelling and in our work, for success in meeting our objectives, for learning and growing through the experience and for God to fulfill whatever purposes He has through the trip.

Thanks. I'll be back on Halloween with pictures and stories.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Bryan,
I hope your trip is great and you learn a lot--spiritual and construction! Can't wait to hear all about it when you return.

10:31 AM  
Blogger The Davidson Clan said...

Hey Brain, umm I mean Bryan. Have a great trip, and may God use you. Let us know how it goes with pics if possible. Take care.

4:54 PM  
Blogger The Barretts said...

Hey Bryan,
I hope the trip accomplishes what God wants. Enjoy serving Him! Let us know how it goes!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Sashma said...

You're already there- having a great time i'm sure! I'll be praying for you! can't wait to see pictures and hear your stories!

10:02 AM  
Blogger K & G said...

wow, that sounds like an exciting trip!! Hope you have a great time!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Tara and Aaron Spencer said...

Sorry it has been so long that I have posted a comment Bryan. How was the mission trip to NYC. I sure that you got to enjoy a side of it that we did not get to see. I would love to here more.

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home