Sunday, February 26, 2006

In Case You Didn't Know

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

www.homestarrunner.com is the coolest online cartoon site.

There is no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold, so he turned the sun up.

I once dressed as Strongbad for Halloween.

Chuck Norris doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.

The musician Kenna has the coolest sound you've never heard.

When Chuck Norris falls in water, Chuck Norris doesn't get wet. Water gets Chuck Norris.

Except maybe The Arcade Fire.

When an episode of Walker Texas Ranger was aired in France, the French surrendered to Chuck Norris just to be on the safe side.

Bono had some interesting things to say after his National Prayer Breakfast Address.

When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

Who am I kidding. You're not going to click to see more Bono quotes. I'll include them here.

More Chuck Norris Facts.

Bono:
"I've never seen why there should be a separation," he said. "...Much of my life I've been asked, 'Why doesn't your music proclaim Christ?' ...It does!"

"...Creation has its own proclamation [of its Creator]," he continued. "I'd like to think our music has had the same qualities to it."

"When I read scripture, there are no compartments to your life... When I read scripture, these men are wild with a greed for God and mammon."

"[Making music] without truthful telling of where you are in your life is bull---t," he went on to say.

Bono referenced "happy clappy" songs that were short on "grit," explaining this was his impression of Christian music. "...until I met you and others who looked and acted like myself... These artists upheld humility... And some of them, I heard their music and found that I liked it. I stopped thinking of their music as 'Christian music.' ...They also made very effective student activists."

He affirmed he had a remaining discomfort with the label "Christian music" and then said, "Now, I'm not talking about worship leaders, I'm talking about songwriters and recording artists. Being a worship leader is a calling to the highest of all art forms, to worship and call people into the presence of God." Bono then stated that some of his favorite worship music includes Charles Wesley's hymns, Handel's Messiah, Jewish liturgical chanting, and songs with "raw" emotion.


Did you follow?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see you're reading my blog!

So, what's with the obsession about Chuck Norris??

1:04 PM  
Blogger The Barretts said...

I kind of followed it...but there were times when I felt confused..

And yeah, what's with the obsession with Chuck?

7:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OK, so thanks for clearing up who Chuck Norris is. I'm SURE there are lots of other folks out there who don't know either...right?
I think you could just replace all your "Chuck Norris" references with "Jack Bauer". Now THERE ya go.

12:41 PM  
Blogger K & G said...

Ok, so that was a strange post, but interesting nonetheless. I didn't know who Chuck Norris was either...but I definately understand what Bono is saying.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Kerry said...

why are you always copying me? chuck norris is one of MY obsessions.

sheesh.

12:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for self-identifying, Giselle! It's comforting knowing I'm not the only one! :)

10:35 AM  
Blogger Bryan said...

Of course I read your blog.

Are you saying you have a problem with Chuck Norris?

Is Chuck Norris not significant enough for us both to notice?


Funny reactions!

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home